Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Haiti

I've resisted since Jan 12th (or 13th in our case) to write about Haiti - I did start a post once but like Haiti's history it turned into the quagmire of depressing history, events and invasion. I do have to say though the US has invaded Haiti four times since 1915, the last being 1994 under Clinton, that's quite often for one country - another historical precedent so I guess Iraqi has a few more invasions to go.

With all disasters success stories are bigger and brighter than they would have been during normal times - keeping in mind normal in Haiti is a little different to most places - there is one in particular that has touched my heart, please click on the picture and read on...


Don't forget you can donate through your tithing slip or any of the multitude of aid agencies.

No comments:

Post a Comment