Thursday, October 28, 2010

I went

to Auckland today.

I so wanted it to be really hot but it wasn't.
It was warm enough but Canterbury was having mid-20s and, well Auckland was not.
And my bra straps were too short.
I couldn't find a place (being a handicap loo) to sneak into to adjust them cause you know what a pain the butt that is to do all that adjusting to get the straps the right length.
Besides I don't really like being semi-naked in public loo
there's something ikky about that.
I did contemplate sneaking my bra off
when I got back to the car in the airport carpark
and it was 26 degrees at 6.30pm
but that was all a bit too much for me
plus the guys at the petrol station that I always stop at would be scarred for life if I rocked up braless.
Too personal?
I had a fun meeting with some of my sponsors who are really fun
it was a very business and get it done kind of meeting
I like those ones cause then you can sit back and have a joke so make sure you buy lots of Purina animal food products cause they are really fun people who really, really love their animals.
Then the most senior of them asked for my business card and my website
when he said he knew what it is - it made me start for a minute
until I realised he meant Young Farmers
not here.
I snuck down to Mission Bay afterwards
(not that there was anyone to stop me considering they were all in Methven
and not in Mission Bay or even the same island as me)
to sit by the sea and... sit by the sea really.
Did that for about 15 minutes until I got cold so I went to Sylvia Park Mall
A very nice mall I must say.
I hate them usually but this one was quite pleasant
except on a holiday weekend
that would be a special kind of hell.

1 comment:

  1. A well written post Sara.
    Personally I think AKLD is a living hell but give me a beach and I'm putty.
    I also only tolerate bras because apparently adult women have to, but give me a day at home in hiding and the bra is off.

    ReplyDelete