Thursday, March 25, 2010

You never know

I'm in a blah (seems to word of the day today) funk (such a great word, ooo even better funkmaster, I like that one very much) tonight I need to say.
Anyway while we (misery loves company so you are included) were in the bank yesterday (I love small town banks where you don't even need to hand your card over cause they remember you and remind you about things like that you wanted to increase your savings AP but were too lazy to do anything about it right then, which is what I was doing at the bank. Not being lazy but getting it done) and while I was waiting in line (there was only me but around here that is a line) I noticed that Jane from Deli(lcous) cafe had a purse very similar to my old, my lovely old, my lovely old well loved fabulous Olga Berg red patchwork wallet.
Man I loved that wallet sooo much. I miss it so.
Some stair walking, loathsome thief stole it from my satchel from under my desk in my office. How wrong is that?!?
I don't care that I had to replace my cards (I didn't get a new licence for months until I felt really guilty about driving without one on me, might have been afraid except that cops are not something that I personally fear).
But my beautiful Olga Berg red patchwork wallet!
Thrown into a skip no doubt, left to moulder away alone for ever. I still have my wallet from when I was at high school I loved it so much. A velvety, deep brown key wallet with an expanded card holder, I think it was from Country Road. It's still beautiful. A little warped but beautiful.
But my beautiful unique Olga Berg red patchwork wallet was so great, checkout chicks would compliment it like it was person in it's own right. It was admired by many until some low down, dirty, rotten loser of a thief took it (remember those alarm warning stickers where the little man was sneaking away with the i? I totally didn't get that for years - see here to review that).
My heart wrenched when I saw Jane's knock off copy in her handbag. I miss my wallet.
After a few months of mourning my loss, I was in Ballantynes one day and a perfectly attractive and serviceable dark brown Oroton wallet with a big Oroton O in the flap. Good, solid, reliable and kinda posh looking (and costing) but not my fantabulous, divine Olga Berg red patchwork wallet, God rest it's lifeforce - not sure it had a soul but it added a little something to me so lifeforce will suffice.
Gosh that wallet made me happy.
ooo I'm in my happy place remembering how much I loved that wallet

No comments:

Post a Comment