Monday, May 3, 2010

Tovi

This is my friend Tovi.
I've known him for about a year.
He's the kind of guy who is quiet and good.
He is kind and thoughtful.
My friend Sesilia, her husband O is Tovi's cousin and that's how I got to know Tovi.
He liked to scare me by disjointing his double jointed fingers - if you look closely at his fingers in this photo you can see the double jointedness.
Sesi and I sit in the pew behind Tovi at Church and he would quietly rest his hand on the back of his pew and right in front of me he would disjoint his fingers. Without fail I would punch him in his back (cause that's the kind of Church I belong to - not) and he would laugh at me.
Man I hated him doing that but it was funny too.
I remember sitting next to him during video conference and sharing paper and pens with him - I doodled and he took notes. I bet he actually read them afterwards too.



Tovi loved Sesi's daughter Megan Sara.
There's a lot to love about her. She and Tovi had a special bond that came from being the type of person he is. Nothing is a problem, he's watchful and always had a kind word. There is a lot to love about Tovi too.
Yesterday Tovi committed suicide.
No apparent reason, which sounds naive but
I suspect the reasons are those a palangi would not think of.
I guess Tovi knew what they were and made his choice.
I think his reasons had a lot to with his thoughtfulness and kindness, his considerateness and caring nature. I suspect he felt too much.
When this sinks in and becomes real, I'll miss Tovi very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment