Tuesday, June 22, 2010

crisp sheets

one of my favourite things is crisp, white cotton hotel sheets. Slipping into a bed like the one I'm in right now, fresh from a shower and ready to sleep is one of life's pleasures - not one at the absolute pinnacle of pleasure but in a lower order. Let's keep that in perspective.

I'm staying three nights at the Quadrant Hotel Auckland - the what now? I hear you say.
I know... I would think the Quadrant Hotel has been here for a while but I've not noticed it, being the hotel connoisseur that I am.

It's a nice hotelly hotel. I do like their zen rock garden in the atrium and the art.


I have a wee one bedroom apartment like this one, except with a way bigger TV. The photographer must have been hanging off the balcony to get this photo cause I tried to get a great pic for you right before my batteries ran out but I'm not a contortionist.

But what I want to post about was hotel toiletries - another of life's pleasures.

Now my favourite hotel toiletries come from the Scenic Circle hotels - they have mint and cucumber shampoo and conditioner, soap and body lotion. Ooooh it's smells so fresh and summery (please note today is the shortest day (longest for you Oti) and that means summer is only six weeks away). I almost stay there just for their products. That and the Scenic Circle rooms always have baths so you can use the mint and cucumber bath gel aka bubble bath.

Here at the Quadrant, theirs are almost as good. Their products contain Sicilian Red Orange extracts - guess whole oranges from the Hawkes Bay are a bit common. The perfume of the soap and shampoo et al is yummy, like musky oranges warmed by the sun. I hope I smell like that when I use it.

Problem is it always seems a waste to use it at the hotel. I like to save it all so I can smell good and remember all the delish things you get to enjoy at hotels like the fresh, cotton sheets and different view. Which by the way is quite good from the 19th floor of this hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment