Thursday, November 10, 2011

pleasant dreams

I woke up at 2.44am,

it was probably earlier than that
cause I don't have a clock
just my phone and it seems to take me full minutes
to roll over and pull the phone off the charger,
find the alert button to see the time.

Anyway I woke up from a very pleasant dream.
One of those well-being dreams
where everything is sunny and warm,
the people in it are people you like very much,
you are doing something that makes sense
even though it's not a normal thing
and you are enjoying yourself.

But when I woke
I really woke up.
Like really awake and alert
the I am so not going back to sleep kind of awake.

Though usually I have three or so books
on the go at any given time
(more common a habit than you may think...
I am not a nerd.)
none were middle of the night type reads.

So I thought I'd answer my work email.
(Ok I'm a nerd
but I'm a nerd who is about an hour ahead on my day).

One was from Mel who I 'work' with in Stake Public Affairs
or, rather she is Multi-Stake PA Director and
I am Stake PA Director.
I feel like I should wear hi-vis and have a stop/go sign.

Mel had sent an update email saying a bunch of things.
One of the things she talked about was a women of faith project
and something about the earthquakes.
I had suggested she catch up with one of the women
from my ward who
had been out with the building inspectors in the days
after the February earthquake.

Mel asked for me to tell her more
and I ended up doing this massive, middle of the night brain dump
about all sorts of earthquake related memories.

So when I finished I was pondering why I did that,
other than perhaps I needed to.
And I realised in my dream I had been the Canterbury A&P Show
which started yesterday
and it's held at the Canterbury Ag Park
where we were based for the Farmy Army.

So there you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment