Friday, December 23, 2011

A sunny last day

Mem went home yesterday.

Before she went we took off up into the mountains
to Castlehill to climb on the rocks.


What a day in the sunny sun sun.

Those limestone rocks are much bigger than they appear.

Mem is a normal sized person
shrinking as she climbs the rocks.


She reminded me of a puppy that needed to get out
and use her energy.

Mem raced up the hill,
across the rocks
in her jandels.


She was the champion hill climber.
I was trailing behind,
actually I trailed away
sticking to the flatter pathways.

And hid out in the shade of a huge rock.


We climbed high up on the big boulders
and sat in the sun
peering over the edge
very cautiously.

See! See the jandels???
She was climbing all over these rocks
in flippin jandels.
I would make a terrible parent.
I'd let my kids run wild in jandels on cliff like rocks.

The most amazing thing about the
Castelhill rocks
was that everything was so out of proportion.
Mem is within a normal speaking voice distance here
but it looks so far away.


No comments:

Post a Comment