Saturday, December 18, 2010

satellite

I'm having a sleep in.

Can you tell?
First day of my Christmas holiday
(except next Tuesday cause I have a conference call then)
and 6.09am the front door slams
as Mags gets up and ready to go to Castle Hill with the Fisherfulla.
The Fisherfulla has a water blasting business as well as fishing eels
so is off to blast out drains on one of NZ most famous farms, Castle Hill
where the giant rocky bit in Narnia was filmed
and where a widow from the posh city neighbourhood of Remuera
decided to buy so she could have
a farm in South Island
(I said that like ol Meryl Streep in "Out of Africa" with a Danish accent,
if you don't get that reference read the book or watch the movie, whateves).
So I am wide awake
I've read a bit of my book "Culture of Fear"until I got a bit freaked out at how much of my childhood rearing was based on parenting advice books and not on instinct.
I've got washing on to make the most of a sunny day,
I have looked at the photos in a trashy mags I bought yesterday
and forgot to read, such is my interest,
and I have started answering an email from a,
hmm how do I explain my relationship with this person???
He isn't a friend, he isn't a mate, he isn't a former anything,
he just emails me and my compulsive politeness forces me to reply.
Oh man! Now I've told you my kryptonite.
One day when I feel motivated to spill some of my stranger experiences
that's stranger as in people and weird
I'll tell you the story of this person
but I warn you now it will be an epic story
that can be told to young women the world over as a warning
and as hysterically funny entertainment for all grown women.
But in the mean time I'm going to listen to you tube music
ok Miley Cyrus
until I get sick of it
then I'll listen to a TED talk
then I'll go wash the kitchen floor
then I'll go buy fresh raspberries for breakfast
then I'll go meet Heather at her daughter's cricket game
and then I'll have a nap.
Not bad for the first day of my holiday
actually I'll revise that order and start with a nap.
Nits!

P.S. I think I meant to blog about not being able to spell satellite, which I could always spell just not at the moment when I needed to. I have mind blanks on spelling all the time and for the life of me couldn't spell satellite. Phew! Crisis avoided.

No comments:

Post a Comment